Installing Network Printers in Windows 7Installing Network Printers in Windows 7
Adding a printer
To find a different self-help document, click here
- Left Click on Start Orb in Lower Left Corner of screen
- Left Click on Devices and Printers
- In the address bar (shown below), click and erase any text that is in it. Then, type in the Printer Server Address that your network printer is located at and press Enter.
Printer Server Addresses are:
\\wiu-w2k8-prt01 - Most HP printers are located here
\\wiu-w2k8-prt02 - Most Dell and Canon Printers are located here
\\wiu-w2k8-prt04 - If you can't find your printer in the other servers check here last
- Double click on the printer you want to install.
The first printer you install will usually become your default printer.
- The print queue (shown below) will appear once the printer has been installed.
- You can now close the print queue and the window for the print server, since the printer is now installed.
If you want to double check that they are installed, follow Steps 1 and 2 and it will show you your installed printers.
Electronic Student Services